Thursday, September 24, 2009

Infamous Oatmeal Pancakes

If you haven't heard me talk about these pancakes, that's a surprise.  I was obsessed with making these almost everyday (sometimes for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) for almost a year.  My favorite way to make them is Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.

1/4 c oat flour (I grind up whole oatmeal in the food processor and store)
3/4 c quick or rolled oats
1/2 cup buttermilk (you can use regular if you don't want to get buttermilk)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 whole egg, beaten or 2 egg whites

Combine ingredients in mixing bowl.  Let stand until thickened, and if possible chill in the refrigerator for several hours, up to overnight.  If batter thickens too much, add buttermilk throughout chilling.  Preheat a non-stick pan to medium heat and spray with oil.  Mix fruit of choice into batter (I like ripe banana slices).  Cook until nicely browned each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment