Thursday, September 10, 2009

So let me get this started...

The Crusted Clucker is a recent recipe addition that I have made to my collection. I am purging items from the sentiment bank, and this one has to go. Those are the only details I can spare at the moment, but let me tell you a little bit about the Clucker. It is a cheese-stuffed chicken breast that is bursting with flavor and super crunchy on the outside. I have adapted this recipe from another similar stuffed chicken recipe, however the changes I have made make this one my original creation. So without further hesitation, I'll give you the bird.

THE CRUSTED CLUCKER
  • 2 - 3 breasts chicken, pounded to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 Tablespoons milk
  • 1 3.5 oz container of green chile soft cheese spread (I used a jar from A Southern Season in Chapel Hill, however I will tell you below how to make your own)
  • 1 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dip pounded chicken breasts into egg and milk mixture, stuff with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture and roll breast. Secure rolled breast with toothpick. Toss rolled breasts in panko until well coated and place in glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to season. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, plate stuffed breasts, and remove toothpicks. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.

To make your own green chile cheese, take a container of plain soft cheese such as Rondele and fold in a drained small can of green chiles.  How easy was that?

I like to serve the Crusted Clucker alongside a light and sweet spinach salad with watermelon, red onion, a crumble of room temperature feta cheese and a homemade vinaigrette of olive oil and champagne vinegar (white wine vinegar would be a great substitute). Chiffonade a handful of fresh mint and toss over the top of the salad to make it exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment